To read the complete articles, please log in in the box to the left. Please find below a list of all additional information available for download .

Click here to subscribe to COSSMA now.

Body Care

The way ahead for body care – optimum care in minimum time

Because women regard an attractive appearance as very important, and yet do not willingly devote much time to the necessary routines, high-performance body care products are much in demand. Currently enjoying a buoyant market are firming anti-cellulite products and line extensions in the foot care sector.

To read more and get additional information, please log in...

This article is also available in Russian...

Slimming actives – new and more complex concepts

Slimming actives can be targeted to do their work at various stages of the lipid breakdown process, but in all cases lipolysis stimulation is a key element in their action. In this article Angela Kleiner, Technical Marketing Manager at Sederma, explains how certain slimming actives work and presents evidence from in vivo tests.

To read more and get additional information please log in ....

This article is also available in Russian...

Safety of nanomaterials

The use of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide is currently the subject of a considerable amount of discussion in the contro-versy over nanomaterials, and yet extensive tests have proven that they are safe for use in cosmetics products. A position paper issued by the SCCNFP in 2000 showed that titanium dioxide micro-pigments in sun protection preparations do not penetrate into the skin.

To read more and get additional information please log in ....

This month’s most exciting product innovations

Amanda Lintott has analysed this month’s most remarkable product innovations from Mintel’s GNPD (Global New Products Database) and presents a chocolate-based sun-care line, skin care for smokers and a mousse mascara.

To read more and get additional information please log in ....

Contract manufacturing – where is it going?

Now COSSMA can bring you some thought-provoking responses to our on-line survey in which we asked “What will be the most significant future trends in the contract manufacturing business?”
83 percent of the responses were clearly of the view that in the future contract manufacturing will have a greater role to play. On the other hand 17 percent felt that contract manufacturing would stay more or less where it is today. Nobody felt that contract manufacturing would decline in importance.

To read more and get additional information please log in ....

Exhibition highlights at Achema 2006

Dr. Ludger Fischer, Managing Director of Serendip, here presents some of the technological highlights in the fields of laboratory equipment, metrology and production technology seen at Achema, which took place in Frankfurt from May 15th to 19th.

To read more and get additional information please log in ....

Formulations: Products for mature skin

With age the skin normally becomes drier and requires more oils and moisturisers. In order to prevent the skin's own moisture, or those added using cosmetics, from drying out too quickly moisturising ingredients are used. These include substances such as urea, hyaluronic acid and aloe extract. Dry skin is often associated with wrinkles, which it can also cause, but whilst moisturisers help to avoid dry-skin wrinkles, mimic lines and wrinkles resulting from skin ageing are more stubborn. It is not surprising then that skin care products developed specially to meet the needs of mature skin are becoming more and more popular. Men too are becoming more interested in special skin care preparations that will help them fight off the unwelcome signs of ageing.

To read more and get additional information please log in ....

Information for download issue 07/2006

E-Paper July

(complete pdf-version of print issue available for subscribers)

Additionional information is available for the following articles:

The way ahead for body care – optimum care in minimum time

  • Detailed market data on international toiletries market
    (by segments and countries)

Slimming actives – new and more complex concepts

  • Innovative Formulations with slimming actives

Safety of nanomaterials

  • References, Results of recent studies

This month’s most exciting product innovations

  • Detailed information about the presented products

Contract manufacturing – where is it going?

Exhibition highlights at Achema 2006

  • Extended version of article with addtional information

Formulations : Products for mature skin

  • 9 different formulations

back to top